The Inspiration:


The Result:


It was a weekend of kitchen.  Kitchen plan, cabinet order.  There are actually a few revisions to this plan, but I'm ignoring that for the moment. The final result will look quite a bit like the inspiration photo, blue, white... but the island will be a walnut wood as it will be seen from the adjoining room and will hopefully let the island read as more of a piece of furniture than a giant blue object.  

The "inspiration kitchen" was a project that I had seen on Houzz that was done by a firm in London.  The room dimensions are very similar to my space, and I really liked all the glass and the open feel. Link to Inspiration Kitchen.  The one oddity that I really liked here was the tri-fold door covering a coffee-bar like area next to the large closet at the left end.  The doors are hinged together and fold against each other when in use:



"Modern look inside a traditional envelope" is the look ...  a theme that will continue through the rest of the project. 

And Appliances! That was long process.  Made my head hurt.  I think this is settled, but I've said that a few times now.  It is starting to get to the point that iterating on this any longer is going to jeopardize the overall timeline as the lead time for the cabinetry is 12 weeks, and the appliance openings have to be set in stone before the order begins, so I need to commit to this today or tomorrow.  And write the check.  Lots of check writing these days.  



Comments

Popular Posts