I realized yesterday that in about one month, I'll have been at this for a full year.  It was right after St. Patrick Day last year that the demolition of the garden unit started.

All in all, it has been a pretty smooth ride.  There haven't been any big issues that cropped up with the building, no massive design changes, no drama with security, etc.  I suppose there is a bit of luck in all of this.

There have been some annoyances.  Big ones.  Like the front door, which showed up yesterday in final format after mistake on mistake on mistake.  And while I have finally taken possession of my front door, and its two side panel companions, I still do not have the round top to complete the unit.  Since I hadn't planned on trying to get this all fitted in place in February, I suppose this isn't such a bit deal. Staying positive here.




And the crew from Commonwealth Edison came yesterday, finally, to replace the construction grade electrical drop with the permanent 200A connection.  This is prerequisite for the electrical inspection, which is now the final holdout.  I called in the request for the new service in mid December, and here we are, service with a smile! ugh.  this is a common story with this kind of project, although the wait time on both the front door and the electrical was really excessive. 



Comments

Popular Posts