Before, 
After!
Demo of the second floor is well underway.  This is the apartment I had been living in. It was nice, in an old vintage sort of way.  It did have many problems, however...heating/plumbing/no insulation / failing plaster, etc. I must admit that it is a little hard to look at it like this, so I am hoping we pass through this "death and destruction" phase quickly and get on to the excitement of being able to visualize the new configuration of this space.Throughout the demo, I've been watching closely for anything that might give a hint as to what was going on or what times were like when this place was built.  An old newspaper, a bill, note... something, anything from the late 1880's. So far there has been nothing, not the smallest relic from the time this place was built. Wishful thinking, I guess.  More photos in the "Second Floor Conversion" Photo Archive on the right.  

Comments

Popular Posts