What a difference one week makes

Bathroom: check.  Clean, updated, good tile all around.  Nice sink and smart vanity.  Just need to replace the broken fan and the bathroom is a wrap.

Kitchen: fully painted, laminate floor is done. Looks great.  Next up, Kitchen cabinetry and countertops.  Met with an electrician today to put in a few new circuits for a microwave and a dishwasher.

Bedroom: Finally looks like a bedroom.  Laminate floor almost complete, I need to get one more box of flooring and that should do it.  Closet re-do looks good and not like a lean-to.  I don't know why that gave the guys so much trouble.

The big deal this week was the re-finishing of the pine floors in the front of the house.  They are beautiful! Tomorrow they will get the final coat of poly and the kitchen cabinets will go in.  The electrician will add the outlets in the kitchen and a couple more in the dining room and bedrooms so there are no problems with airconditioners.

I'm doing some cleanup of the front of the house, planting some flowering bushes, etc as well as priming and painting the front door. I'm excited about the color I got for the front door - a brown that is so dark it is almost black.  It will have a lot of presence.

Tomorrow I'm meeting an architect at the house, kind of an interview I guess.  I'll be talking with a couple of people before "awarding" this project.  He's there to look at the property and listen to my plan for converting it to a single family.  Then he gets to go away and produce some initial drawings and a proposal.  I've already got the construction company I want to use all scoped out, so when I am ready to pull the trigger financially, I just need the cash and the architectural plan.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm not looking to do just any old rehab.  But you've probably guessed that.  See the rehab photo album, lots of new pics in there.  Double click on it and the pictures will get bigger.

Comments

Popular Posts