A Busy Week.

I'm starting to feel like I've become my own HGTV show, with the guy who is still picking up stuff at 10pm at night and the store employees are hurrying you out the door.

Alot has happened.  The bathroom is almost done, tiling is complete, tub is in, just need to install the other fixtures.  I have to say it looks great.

The painters are on their second coat of white on the walls and the place looks so bright and fresh.  They've been filling all the holes and separated areas in the trim with caulk and then painting over the top for a nice surface.  Really, it doesn't look like the same place anymore.  Can't wait for the heart-pine floors to be sanded, sealed and buffed, it will make an impressive set of front rooms.

I managed to buy a full set of kitchen cabinets, butcher block counter top, sink, dishwasher and refrigerator from a gal who didn't like the stuff in her new condo a few blocks away.  Really, she just wanted it gone so the new stuff could go in tomorrow.  So I was happy to take all this stuff off her hands for $500. Nice !! It will fit perfectly here and the price certainly was right.  Just need a stove and I'm done with kitchen buying.

I'm busy spray painting the ceiling fans I got at the Habitat store.  Krylon has a spray paint that creates this "oil-rubbed bronze" look, a nice rich chocolaty brown color with a low sheen. Its a good color for a ceiling fan, and surely a good update from the brassy finish they previously had.

I did my first showing today, so my Craigslist ad is getting noticed.  He and his girlfriend are coming back tomorrow to have another look, so that sounds positive. It would be great to move someone right in.

Comments

Popular Posts