Taking on the Second Floor

The second floor was in pretty good shape when I took over this building.  In 4 short months, the people living there wrecked the place.  Every window screen is missing or wrecked, one window broken, the appliances ready for the scrap hauler.  Just completely disgusting.

So.  Bleach. Mops, rags, floor soap.  Paint. Stain. New Closet door.  New Light fixtures.  And then figure out different kitchen cabinets and appliances. Turning over an apartment is not an easy task.

I'm done with most of the cleaning, I hired out the painting and some carpentry.  I'll pick up some IKEA kitchen cabinetry, which I have found to be the best bang for the buck, expecially in old buildings.  The IKEA base cabinets have adjustable legs, making it easier to fit into spaces with uneven floors. Plus, they look good. The downside is that you have to assemble them, but there aren't a lot for this space.

See the new pics in the Second Floor slideshow.

Comments

Popular Posts