Summer Gone, fall now upon us...

The building finally feels under control. 

Not without another summer of drama, however.  The two second floor tennants who replaced the working girls upstairs turned out to be a whiny, complain laden mess.  Apparently they wanted luxury accomodations in Humboldt Park at $900/month for 1300 square feet.  Arg. 

So after doing everything I could, they just left.  And expected their security deposit as well.  I could have sued and won (easily, according to my attorney) but in the end, what would I win? Four more months of agony known as Azadeh and O'Donovan.  So I just let it go.  Still makes me angry though.  Never want to see or speak with either one again.  Ever. 

The bright spot is the two girls that have rented the space, who seem like they really want to be there and are having fun (different than the last two who seemed to think it was a privledge to have them there). 

I've done alot of work to the exterior, power washing off the two story "Monkey" mural as well as the rest of the building, and tuckpointing all around.  A few minor roof repairs, new downspouts, and window weatherizing around some of the old historic windows - new storms and screens all around.

And I finally put on the hazmat suit and removed all the junk and other detrious from the basement and laundry areas. What an awful job.  But done now. 

The girls on the first floor are now on a month to month lease, as they have now been there more than a year.  Depending on when they move, I will likely duplex the first floor and the garden unit, making it a 4 bedroom and pushing the finances firmly into the green zone without alot of additional effort. 

Comments

Popular Posts