Its been a few weeks -

So I am finished.  There are a few new pics in the rehab gallery, I'm going to start up a new album of finished photos.  Spent the entire weekend washing windows, doors, floors, installing a dishwasher, hanging fans, light fixtures etc.  It was exhausting  - - so much so that not only did I leave my car keys on the table at "Small Bar", but I had to go back the next day because I left my credit card with the check as well. Guess I was more tired than I thought.

I decided on Sunday morning that I would raise the rent expectation.  I've shown the place a few times now and the common remark was that "this is the best place we have seen today !!" .... at this price point...

So before heading out for another work day at the building, I listed it on Craigslist for $900/month.  Along with the other usual particulars, I also mentioned that I would be at the building and available for showings the same day. 

Bingo.  A young family (mom, dad, daughter) and his brother showed up and were so excited they could barely contain themselves.  After 30 minutes of walking around and asking lots of questions, they filled out the application.  Waiting on background check info to come back now - and assuming that comes back OK, I will have the first floor rented.  Whew. 

Comments

Popular Posts